I can safely say, that I am as in need of this exercise as badly as many of you will be. I am prone to getting stuck in ruts with blah feelings, negativity and low grade depression. In fact, it’s been kind of a lifelong thing which fluctuates with me, some weeks are better than others. Yet, with the right inspiration, negative attitudes can be diminished and replaced with feelings of gratitude, positivity and love.
No matter how crummy your mood is, if you can put a few minutes of your time aside to try answering a few of these questions with me – well then, you might just feel better afterwards.
What are three things that you feel grateful for in your life?
- I’m grateful for the supportive members of my family. My life would not be as happy as it is today if they were not there for me.
- I’m grateful to be a Canadian and for all of the perks that come with that.
- I’m grateful for my daughter, I believe that she has saved my life from heading down a dark path.
What are three things that you take for granted but are thankful for?
- Running water
- Having enough food to eat every day. Enough said.
What are three things that you appreciate about yourself?
- I appreciate that I am driven to achieve important goals for myself
- I appreciate my passion for writing and reading
- I appreciate my compassion for others
What are three things that you appreciate about the present moment?
- I have a Canada Dry pomegranate-cherry flavored club soda – my favorite drink! (I wish I was getting paid for this promotion)
- That I have my laptop with me. I’m such a nerd.
- That I have a safe quiet environment to spend my time in, because people, yuck.
Who are three people that you appreciate who have had a positive impact on your life?
- My younger sister, Melissa, has always been very supportive of me, vibrant and sympathetic so she certainly deserve one of these spots.
- My Mother has also always been a source of support in my roughest moments, always willing to listen and very sweet.
- Christina – My baby mama, for better or worse, but mostly better, she has helped me to grow as a person in the past year and a half and I am glad that we are still great friends and share a beautiful daughter. 😀
Spend a minute or two to just reflect on the one thing that you most appreciate in life right now. Close your eyes and think with you heart, not with your head. Allow the emotions to just flow through your body. Don’t resist it. Allow it to fully consume you. Your love, your gratitude, your thankfulness, and when you’re finally ready to let go of that… open your eyes…
Allow the feelings of love and gratitude to be part of you now and in the present moment. Remember that your life is not all terrible and gloomy and sad. Your life is full of things to be happy about. Sometimes we just need to flip the perspective.
Also thank you to all of you for reading this post, all of my followers and to this Universe for allowing me to experience just a tiny part of this cosmic puzzle we call life.
Also, feel free to answer these same questions on your own blog and link to your page below in the comments.