My first sunshine blogger nomination, woohoo!
Thank you to Flor from Travel N Write for this nomination. Her blog is a little bit like mine with a bit of everything on it – travel, musings and fictions. Check her out if you haven’t already.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The award is driven entirely by the community, passed from blogger to blogger in recognition of their inspiring, creative and motivational blogs. Each nominee passes it on to 11 of their favorite bloggers, and round and round it goes. This is a great way to give recognition to bloggers who may otherwise fly under the radar of many people.
-Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
-Answer 11 questions the blogger asked you.
-Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and ask them 11 new questions.
-List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post and/or on your blog.
1. Could you live without the internet?
I could live without the internet, but would I want to? I don’t think I would!
2. What’s something you could teach me about?
Oh boy, I could teach you all about insulin levels and how they keep us from burning fat when they’re high. I used to really care about that crap. 😛
3. What is the best thing that’s happened to you in the past week?
Over the weekend I went to an event called the International Villages in Brantford, where I’m from. There were 16 cultures each with their own “village” where they had entertainment, food and drinks unique to them at each. Plus, a free shuttle in between. That was a really fun couple of days.
4. What is the first thing that you notice about a person?
That depends on the person!
5. What are you most grateful for in your life?
I’m most grateful for my health. Even if it’s not perfect, there are others out there in much worse condition then myself!
6. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Fried rice! There’s so many ways you can change fried rice up so that it’s different every time. I could eat that every day.
7. What really makes you angry?
Reality TV. The Kardashians and Jersey Shore to be specific.
8. Are you a clean or a messy person?
I’m somewhere in the middle. I live in an organized mess. 😛
9. What goals do you have for the next 5 years?
To write a book. To find a job writing or editing somewhere and to graduate University.
10. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
Invest my money and probably travel
11. If you had to compare yourself to one fictional character, who would it be?
Maybe David Copperfield? The one written by Charles Dickens. I loved that character and he detested working in factories as much as myself.
12. Would you rather be an ugly genius or a hot moron?
An ugly genius, he’d be able to think up a way to still pick up women
13. What do you think is the cleverest animal and why?
I’m not really sure which animal is the most clever, but I’ve seen many animals be very clever. Off the top of my head, cat’s are pretty clever. If there’s a way for them to get in to a room or a cupboard or out a window, they will find a way.
14. How many times a day do you look in the mirror?
Before and after showers and all bathroom breaks? I’m not always pleased with what I see so I don’t gawk
15. What is that one joke that you cannot tell without laughing hard?
I went to the doctors recently. He said, “Don’t eat anything fatty”. I said, “What, like bacon and burgers?”. He said, “No, Fatty. Don’t eat anything.”
16. Where is your happy place?
The forest or a mountaintop
17. What makes you sad?
Running out of food
18. Smiles or eyes?
Eyes, maybe? I’m a sucker for eyes!
Since I’ve just completed the special blogger award and nominated a bunch of bloggers with that one, I’m not going to nominate any other bloggers for this award. But I will leave my nominations open and if you’d like to participate, consider yourself nominated!
You may answer the same questions that I was given. 😛 They were fun questions.